Monday 20 February 2012

Kindy Day

Well Miss Chops started Kindy last week :( A very sad occasion for Mummy.


Miss Chops on the other hand, thinks it's the bast thing ever. You get to hang out with your friends for 5 1/2 hours 2 days a week. What more do you want when you are 4....


Painting with your best friend


And Play dough, well thats it. Not sure she will ever want to come home.

Well today while Miss Chops was at kindy I thought I would get over the sadness and make the most of a child free day.

I got a lot of work done.
Edited a photoshoot I did the other day. Cleaned up the kitchen. 

Chose some fabrics for some sew Table runners

And did some baking


Smarty cookies for school and next Kindy day


I thought I would give Play dough a go. I don't usually have it as I used to buy it and it always just dried out on me. Big waste of money.
Today I got a great recipe from a friend and made it for my girls.
They had a great afternoon after school and kindy. Played with the new Play dough and had a smarty cookie or 2 each :)
Anyone who would like to make their own, here is the recipe for you.

UNCOOKED PLAY DOUGH
2 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
2 tablespoon oil
4 tablespoons cream of Tartar
2 cups boiling water
food colouring.

Mix all dry ingredients together.
add oil and boiling water and few drops of colouring
stir until well mixed and firm.
Kneed on bench

Store in airtight container
does not need cooking and does not need to be refrigerated.

2 comments:

  1. If you think of school as home alone time you won't feel so sad. This is a great recipe for playdough - always a good stand-by for visiting kids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I will get used to it. Just miss my little girl to play with..lol its like someone has stolen my friend...lol As for the play dough, it took 15mins to make so if you unexpected guests it would be perfect, otherwise it keeps for months in a container :)

    ReplyDelete